Sunday, November 23, 2008

Worldwide Collaboration Tool

I think the web would be a great resource for my students. I think I would use it as a tool in my classroom by having my students communicate with pals via email. This would be great during social studies units. The grade level would depend on where I would want my students' pals to be from. For example, I am student teaching in sixth grade. So I think it would be interesting to have them have pals from around the world. They could learn their customs, beliefs, and ways of everyday lives. This would be great to compare to their own routines. For fifth graders, I think it would be great to have them have pals across the country and see how things differ across America.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Jami, A wonderful first-blog effort. Maybe you will be able to do some W.Wide Collaboration with your sixth graders during student teaching! 50/50 pts for your blog assignment.